Harpenden Hopper service returns MORNINGS ONLY Monday to Friday from:
The route (shown at the link here) will run the MORNINGS ONLY SERVICES 1 and 2.
- Driver screen between passenger and driver cab
- Buses cleaned before and after each trip.
- Fewer seats to maintain social distancing
- All passengers must wear a face covering/mask (unless exempted).
- Cash or concession passes only, but we‘re sorry that our drivers won’t be handling cash so no change can be given, correct fare ready to drop into the collecting box please.
We’ll be happy to see all our regular customers, and hope for some new faces. Come along for a ride!
The Harpenden Hopper Service operates from 5 October 2020
Please check out our timetable here (please note this is for Morning Services 1 and 2 only - Services 3 and 4 remain suspended)
The current route includes Southdown, Eastmoor Park, and West Common Way as well as a much faster route into town from Kinsbourne Green
OUR ROUTE - map can be found here
Diversion due to road closure
Roundwood Lane is closed for roadworks from 28th September for 10 weeks.
During this time The Hopper will be taking a slightly modified route causing possible disruption to our passengers.
As a result, we will not be serving the following short section of the route :
· Tuffnells Way, between Ridgewood Drive and Wood End Road
· Wood End Road between the junction of Tuffnells Way and Roundwood Lane
· Roundwood Lane between Wood End Road and High Ridge.
We would ask passengers who normally board in these areas to make their way to the nearest point on the route, which will usually be the junction of Tuffnells Way and Ridgewood Drive, or the junction of Roundwood Lane and High Ridge.
We do not expect that these variations will make a difference to timings elsewhere on the route, and drivers will, as always, ensure that they do not run ahead of published times. We will do our utmost to maintain the schedule.
If you have any queries about our service, please call the Hopper Hotline on 01582 638007.
Please check temporary timetable here
When back in service the service operates Monday - Friday from 9.25am to 12.30pm
Anyone can use the bus which costs just £2.00 (cash or concessions only) for an adult single journey.
(Children under 16 - £1.00).
Senior bus passes and concessions will be accepted.
No change can be given - exact cash fare only please
The service is a ‘Hail and Ride’ service, so simply hold out your hand along the route to alert the driver and the bus will stop. Once on the bus, tell our driver where you want to get off and he or she will drop you at the closest safe place
The Harpenden Hopper is operated by Harpenden Connect
Registered Charity Number 1172748